You can automatically update Workshop with the Prinergy Installer Wizard when you start the Workshop software. This provides you with updates for existing features. If you want to install new software (for example, Prinergy PDF Edit, Prinergy Digital Submit, or Prinergy Digital Direct), you must run the Prinergy Installer Wizard from the shared folder on the server.
- Quit other software, such as Prinergy VPS or Preps.
- On computers running Mac OS X, you must have an administrator password to update Workshop. For more information, contact your system administrator.
Perform this procedure on all workstations after the servers have been upgraded.
- To start Workshop, type your user name and password, and click Login.
If the number beside Workshop Version is different than the number beside Server Version, the Workshop updating process is triggered automatically. If the two numbers are the same, Workshop starts normally.
- In the Synchronize Workshop dialog box, click Yes.
If you click No, you cannot log on to Workshop.
- On a computer running Mac OS X, perform the following actions:
- In the Prinergy Workshop dialog box, click the lock icon.
- In the Authenticate dialog box, in the Password box, type the administrator password.
- Click OK.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to update the software.
The system installs the latest version of Workshop.
- When the installation is complete, click Done.
Workshop starts automatically.
Note: In AutoSync installation mode Workshop remembers the previously installed components. If you want to change the installed components, clear the Skip all steps and continue directly to install option, and select the components during the Choose Install Set portion of the installation.