Who should complete this activity
- Prepress operators working with Prinergy Evo systems licensed for the Output and TIFF Downloading options
- System administrators working with Prinergy Evo systems licensed for the Output and TIFF Downloading options
Why you should complete this activity
A variable text slugline allows you to:
- Add identifier text to the plate outside the press sheet area, when using a "press sheet size" imposition.
- Add information to the plate that was not available when the TIFF was generated, when outputting a 1-bit TIFF file to plate.
- Prinergy Evo Workflow Client user guide for your version of Prinergy Evo Workflow software. Search for:
- Slugline Mark
Output from TIFF: Layout Options (also Output from Imposition: Layout Options, and Output from PDF: Layout Options)
- Tell Me More about Variable Marks
Time required to complete this activity
What you'll learn
- How to create a slugline to specify static and variable information on output
- How to position a slugline on output
What you'll need
- In the location to which you extracted the activity files, find the Activity 41 folder
- Have licenses for the Output and TIFF Downloading options on your Prinergy Evo system
- Install the latest version of the Virtual Proofing System in the Evo Client computer.
What you'll do
Add a slugline to the output from an output from imposition, output from TIFF, or output from PDF process template.
Define variables for your slugline that will be replaced by Prinergy Evo when the process is run.
Create Prinergy VPS software files for output by Prinergy Evo TIFF Downloader.
Use Prinergy VPS software to preview plate files before outputting them to a platesetter.