Extended Process reference device conditions are used to represent the color response of print conditions using extended process inks, for which there is no physical device. They can be used as the following:
- PCO or SCO when you output extended process files
- Calibration curve target or simulation target
If you want to use an arbitrary color response that you have measured from an extended process printed sample, or an ICC profile with more that four process inks, you can create a custom Extended Process reference device condition. The reference you created is saved in the system and appears in the Device Conditions list.
- Click the Device Conditions tab and then click the Add icon
The Device window appears..
- Drag the Extended Process Reference device to the viewer window.
- In the device condition, click the Properties icon .
In the Name list box, enter the name that you want to use for your reference device condition.
- Choose a Process Inks value. If the desired value doesn't exist, click the Edit button and add a new value. Process Inks values are shared by all print device types except Flexographic Press.
- In the Separate Same As list, select a device type that best represents the black generation strategy of the reference device condition.
- Click OK.
- Click the Measurements icon .
- Characterize the color response of the extended process reference device condition by the following: