Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Create two process templates to show the effect of transparency handling on trapping
- Start the Prinergy Evo Client and connect to the Prinergy Evo server.
- Start the Process Template Editor from the Prinergy Evo Client.
- Locate the process template Refine to PDF - Factory from the Factory Process Templates -> Refine to PDF group. Double-click it.
- Expand the Normalize pane, set PDF Level Handling to Flatten to PDF 1.3, and minimize the Normalize pane.
- Select the Trapping check box.
- In the File Delivery pane, set an output location of .\TrapFlat\.
- Save the modified process template with a new name (for example, Refine-TrapFlatten). Keep the process template open–you will edit it to make the second process template.
- Expand the Normalize pane and set PDF Level Handling -> PDF 1.4 - 1.6 (Acrobat 7) to Leave as is.
- Under the File Delivery pane set an output location of .\TrapAsIs\.
- Save the modified process template with a new name (for example, Refine-TrapPreserve).
- Close the process template.
Submit a transparency file to both process templates and view the differences in Acrobat
- Open the Template Browser in the Prinergy Evo Client.
Annual Report.pdf in the Activity 38 folder in your JobData share.
Annual Report.pdf to the first process template and click Go.
Annual Report.pdf to the second process template and click Go.
- Open the two refined PDFs from the
- Start the TrapViewer or TrapEditor plug-in in Acrobat (depending on what is licensed on your server) and compare the traps in the two PDFs.
You should see in the TrapAsIs file that traps appear between the vertical color fields, while in the TrapFlat file the vertical color fields are not trapped.