Why you should complete this module
This module introduces the foundations of using Prinergy for Digital Print.
This module is important because it describes:
- Prinergy and a digital press installation and configuration issues
- Submission methods used to send input files to a digital press
- Digital front ends used with a digital press
- Procedure steps used to submit documents to a digital press
- Prinergy Digital Print User Guide
- Prinergy Digital Installation and Configuration Guide
Lessons in this module provide information about using Prinergy Digital Print. Not every lesson in this module will be applicable to you based on how your system has been configured. Focus on the lessons that are most applicable to your workflow needs and environment.
What you need to know
Prinergy for Digital Print communicates with a digital front end to schedule, submit, and monitor documents submitted to a digital press.
Input files enter a Prinergy for Digital Print workflow using different submission channels. Documents are then submitted from Prinergy Digital Direct to a print queue, and printed on a digital press.
Key concepts of Prinergy for digital print
- Submissions to a digital press can be handled in three ways:
- Using Digital Submit
- Using an RBA rule in Digital Submit
- Using Prinergy Workshop
Important: This training guide has been developed using Digital Print version 8.0. If you notice differences in information or behaviors than those described in this guide, your software version is likely different than the version used to create these training materials. If you experience difficulties based on these differences, communicate any problems to a service representative for clarification.
Important: The hands-on lessons in this module (lessons 5-7) provide workflow guidance, but are meant to be flexible. Be aware that the supplied practice files may not work seamlessly through every digital print system. Based on the digital press and front end used, additional steps not outlined in this guide may be required, for example, identifying a necessary substrate.