You can use the Read XML action to gather information from other software, such as an e-commerce site or a management information system (MIS).
If you want Prinergy to read XML files generated by other software and to process jobs based on that information, do the following steps:
- Create or obtain a schema and add it to the Prinergy system using XML Schema Manager.
- Create a rule set.
- Use a Job Hot Folder Drop event to start the rule set.
- Add a Read XML action, set the parameters, and click OK.
In the File row, click . On the Event Properties tab, in Hot Folder Path, select Directory Name.
- Add all of the subsequent actions that you want, such as the Add Input Files action, the Refine Input File action, and so on.
- Save, close, and enable the rule.
- Drop a sample XML file into the hot folder to test the rule.