If your Prinergy system includes the Kodak InSite Prepress Portal system, configure IIS and any firewall that may exist on your system so that RBA can send e-mail messages.
If the Prepress Portal system is installed on a separate server, the Prepress Portal server is the mail server. Otherwise, the Prinergy primary server is the mail server.
- On the Prepress Portal server, configure IIS to handle authentication:
- Select Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Internet Services Manager.
- In the left pane, expand the server name.
- Right-click Default SMTP Virtual Server, and select Properties.
- Click the Access tab.
- Click Authentication, and select one of the following check boxes: Anonymous access, Basic authentication, or Integrated Windows Authentication, which is the same as NTLM. (NTML stands for the Windows NT LAN Manager, which is the Windows NT Challenge/Response authentication protocol.)
- If Prepress Portal is on a stand-alone server (not on the Prinergy primary server), configure IIS on the Prepress Portal server to accept and relay e-mail messages from the Prinergy primary server:
- Click Connection, and click Add. In the IP address box, type the IP address of the Prinergy primary server, and click OK twice.
- Click Relay, and click Add. In the IP address box, type the IP address of the Prinergy primary server, and click OK twice.
- Click OK to close IIS.
- If Prepress Portal is not on the Prinergy primary server and there is a firewall between it and the Prinergy primary server, open an SMTP hole through the firewall from the Prinergy primary server to the Prepress Portal server.
See the documentation for the firewall software.
You are now ready to set up e-mail service for RBA.