You can create, print, and measure a tint ramp chart to characterize a localized tonal response of your print device for tonal calibration. You can only measure it by using a hand-held measuring device.
- In a device condition, click the Measurements icon next to a device.
- Click the Add button .
- In the Chart Type list, choose Tint Ramp.
- Configure the chart:
- In the Measurement Device list, select the device you will use to measure the chart.
- In the Tint Set list, select a desired tint set or click the Edit icon to add a new tint set.
- In the Process Ink Set list, select one of the following:
- To create a CMYK chart with spot inks, choose CMYK
- To create a chart only for spot inks, choose None (spot inks only)
- You can add spot inks to a chart by clicking the Add button in the Spot Inks section and then define the spot inks.
- Your chart is assigned a default name. To rename your chart , double-click the chart name and then enter a meaningful name.
- Click Save.
- To export the chart, click Export and save the chart for printing.
The tint ramp chart is created as an imposition-ready PDF file.