If the PLASubService is already installed on the Prinergy Workflow secondary server, you can upgrade the PLASubService software on each Prinergy Workflow secondary server that is being used for Distributed Processing. The maximum number of running services depends on how many Prinergy Workflow secondary servers are available for load balancing.
Use this procedure to upgrade the PLASubService on a Prinergy Workflow secondary server.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- Select Start > Run, and type
- Right-click My Computer, select Manage, and go to Configuration > Services.
- Find PLASubService and stop it.
- Select Start > All Programs > Kodak > PLASubService, and then select the PLASubService Uninstaller.
- In the PLASubService Uninstall dialog box, click Yes, and then click OK to remove PLASubService from the server.
- Ensure that you are logged on to the Prinergy Workflow secondary server using the same administrator account that is used on the primary server.
- From the Prinergy Workflow secondary server, browse to the
PLASubServiceInstall share on the primary server.
- Open the folder and double-click PLASubService Installer.exe.
- Select the setup language and click OK.
The PLASubService Setup Wizard starts.
- Click Next.
- In the License Agreement dialog box, select I accept the agreement, and click Next.
- In the Select Destination Location dialog box, accept the default directory for the PLASubService installation, and click Next.
- In the Layout Automation Primary Server Settings dialog box, enter the name or IP address of the primary server and the (administrator) user name and password used on the primary.
Notes: If the primary server is not accessible or the wrong user name/password combination is used, you will receive a message indicating that the installer is unable to connect to the server to authenticate. Click Retry to confirm or revise the information, or click Ignore and continue to install. If you select the Write the Primary Server into configuration files check box, the installer will add these three items to the configuration files.
- If the resource files (like artwork and die) and PLADispatcher do not share the same server, mount the server of the resource files manually.
- Click Next to begin installation.
- Click Finish to complete the setup.