ColorFlow provides several built-in PDF/X Output Intents that are based on registered profiles used to specify the output intent of a PDF file. The output intent of a PDF file specifies the print response for which the PDF file has been prepared. PDF/X Output Intent reference device conditions can be used as the following:
- PCO of a color setup
- Print calibration curve target or simulation target
If the output intent of a PDF is not listed in ColorFlow, you can create a custom PDF/X Output Intent device condition using the exported output intent from the PDF file. The reference you create is saved in the system and appears in the Device Conditions list.
- Export an ICC profile from an output intent.
- In ColorFlow, click the Device Conditions tab and then click the Add icon .
The Device window appears.
- Drag the PDF/X Output Intent to the viewer window.
In the device condition, click the Properties icon .
In the Name list, enter the name that you want to use for your reference device condition.
- Click OK.
- Click the Device Condition Profile icon .
- Click Import, and select the output intent ICC device profile to import.
- Click OK.