- In the Administration Client, click the Configuration tab.
- Click the MIS Connector triangle to expand the pane.
- Specify the MIS URL, configure the data-exchange options, and activate the connection (see options below).
Business Link immediately starts to collect and exchange data about any new jobs that are created after you activated the connection.
Note: Connection to an MIS system using a secured connection (HTTPS) is currently not supported.
- Click Save.
- On the Status tab, restart the connectors either now or when you finish setting up the Configuration tab.
- If a connector is currently stopped, click Start.
- If the connectors are currently running, click Stop, and then click Start.
- Click Refresh.
- On the Status tab, verify that the MIS Connector triangle is green and that its current server state is Running.
MIS Connector configuration options: Two-way connectivity settings
Activate MIS Connector
- Select this check box for this connector to be active after you save the settings.
- Clear this check box to temporarily stop MIS message transfers.
URL for JDF Connector
Specify the URL of the port that the MIS server uses to receive data from Business Link. The MIS administrator can typically provide this.
The URL must be in the format http://hostname:port (for example:
http://mishost:10725/JDF_connector). Business Link uses this URL as a fallback when the MIS fails to specify a return URL for ReturnQueue data and for any NewJDF commands that Business Link might send. If the MIS provides a host name for this URL, the name appears in the MIS Connector pane that is on the Status tab.
Note: All JDF Status, Resource, and NewJDF signals are controlled by the subscriptions that the MIS registers with Business Link.
MIS Connector configuration options: ICS connectivity settings
Prepress job creation strategy
This option is available for ICS connectivity only.
Specify how Business Link is to interpret the JDF job-creation data (SubmitQueueEntry) that the MIS submits. Base your choice on how your MIS software structures the JDF data. You can check with the MIS administrator or try each of these options to determine what works best in your system.
- Category is PrePress and Type is ProcessGroup (default): Creates a prepress job for each JDF node whose Category attribute is PrePress and whose Type is ProcessGroup.
- Per ProcessGroup with PrepressProcesses: Creates a prepress job for each JDF node whose Type is ProcessGroup and which contains other child JDF nodes that are to be processed by a prepress system (as specified in the CIP4 MIS to Prepress ICS).
- Single prepress job per MIS submission: Creates a single job in Prinergy for each SubmitQueueEntry that is received from the MIS. If the MIS job contains multiple parts, each part is imported as its own separate imposition.
- Single Product, Many Parts per MIS Job Submission: This option is available as of Business Link 3.0.8 and Prinergy 6.1. Creates a single job in Prinergy with a single Product node which contains all the parts within one imposition import.
- Product containing prepress processes: Creates one job for each product node, which contains all of the process nodes that are required for the end product. A submission typically contains only one product node, or might contain multiple product nodes.
Enable manual completion in prepress after failure
Select this check box to permit Prinergy operators to manually finish imposing a job if the Prinergy/Preps automated imposition software is unable to resolve it successfully. When automated imposition is unable to complete a job, this check box determines what happens next:
- If cleared, the import process fails. The JDF document is updated with the error data, and the MIS is notified of the failure.
- If selected, the Prinergy operator is allowed to manually impose and reimport the job. The generated JDF layout data is added to the master JDF file and an update is sent to the MIS.
MIS supports initiation of jobs in Prepress
Select this check box to inform Business Link that the MIS supports NewJDF signals.
If this check box is cleared, NewJDF commands are not sent to the MIS.
Send JDF Signals in reliable mode (Requires MIS support!)
Select this check box to prevent lost messages between the Business Link and MIS servers when either server is unavailable.
This option is effective only if the MIS server can support reliable messaging in the same way as Business Link: When either server fails to receive a confirmation for a particular message, the message is queued and continuously re-sent until it is acknowledged.
Important: Activate this option only if Kodak has verified that your MIS can support reliable data transfer.