Automate bleed path resolution by creating all the bleed with overlaps as a special line type in the CAD program you use (for example, Esko Artios or Arden Impact). The Pandora software will use this line type to create the bleed.
Perform the following procedure to set up bleed path resolution based on CAD file line type. Repeat the procedure if the CAD file line type changes.
Note: If you are using Pandora in integrated mode with the Prinergy Workflow software and the Packaging Layout Automation software, you must make similar adjustments to the Preferences settings of the Packaging Layout Automation Client. For more details, see the Packaging Layout Automation User Guide.
- Start Pandora.
- Depending on your operating system, perform one of the following actions:
- On a Macintosh client computer: Select Pandora > Preferences > Die Settings.
- On a Windows OS-based computer: Select Edit > Preferences > Die Settings.
- In the Bleed area, select the Honor bleed path in CAD file check box.
Note: If the Honor bleed path in CAD file check box is selected and the software detects an error with bleed path generation, it will send the following error message:
Pandora detected an error with bleed path generation.
Some die stations are not closed (gaps between cutlines)
"Honor bleed path in CAD file" was selected but no bleed path line type was detected
Some bleed paths in the CAD file are not closed
Please, check all generated bleed paths carefully to make sure they are correct.
Pandora will continue processing the file, but the bleed overlaps must be resolved manually.
- In the Bleed Path Line Type box, enter the number that is used by the CAD program for bleed line definition, and click OK.
(Optional) These values can also be modified in the Pandora DefaultUser.properties file by performing the following procedure:
- Find the DefaultUser.properties in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodak\Pandora4.0.2 or later and open it in a text editor such as Notepad.
- Set the Die.UseBleedLine parameter to true.
- Add the following line to the DefaultUser.properties file: Die.BleedLineNum=die line type number.
- Select File > Save, and then close the file.
See Resolve bleed path based on CAD file line type for more information.