The ColorFlow window consists of four major tabs:
- Plate Curves: The left panel in the Plate Curves tab displays all the plate calibration curves and Harmony curves. Clicking a plate calibration curve displays a Data panel on the right, showing plate curve property information. You can create, view, and manage all the plate curves in this tab.
- Print Curves: The left panel in the Print Curves tab displays all the print calibration curves, print transfer curves and Harmony curves. The print transfer curves include the following:
The viewer window on the right shows the transfer curve object, or the print calibration curve object (with the target on the top and the device at the bottom). You can create, view, and manage all the print curves in this tab.
- Print calibration curves created in this tab
- Print calibration curves (a combination of a device curve and a Primary Color Output (PCO) simulation/Secondary Color Outputs (SCO) conversion curve) created in color setups. These curves are listed with names and versions of the associated color setups.
- Device Conditions: The left panel in the Device Conditions tab displays all the built-in and custom device conditions that you created in this tab, as well as device conditions that you created during color setup or print calibration curve creation. The viewer window on the right shows the device condition object. You can view, create, and manage device conditions in this tab.
- Color Setups: The left panel in the Color Setups tab displays all the color setups. The right viewer window shows the color setup objects. A color setup may consist of a PCO, a number of SCOs, and a number of Color Inputs (CI). You can create, view, and manage color setups in this tab.
The color and animation of an icon indicate the processing state of the element that is associated with it:
Opens a dialog box in which you can specify condition properties to define a device condition
Opens a dialog box in which you can manage the profile of a device condition or PCO
Opens a dialog box in which you can define or adjust device curves for curve-controlled devices
Opens a dialog box in which you can create a chart, measure a printed chart, import measurement data, and generate a report
Opens a dialog box in which you can define or adjust how the PCO simulates a target
Opens a dialog box in which you can define or adjust how the SCO is calibrated to align to the PCO color space or define how CI data is modified for the PCO color space
|Opens a dialog box in which you can generate a Verification report|
Icon color and animation
ColorFlow processes are interdependent. You must perform tasks in a specific order. The ColorFlow interface guides you through the completion of tasks using a graphic indication of what needs to be defined next, what is currently being calculated, and what has completed calculation.
The color and animation of each icon indicate the processing state of the element that is associated with the icon:
Color or animation
Not complete. Define this element before all other elements
Black, white, or gray
Not complete. This element cannot be defined until the calculation for another element is completed
Queued, waiting to calculate.
Note: Do not redefine a queued element
Calculating. The green portion of the icon indicates the amount of calculation that is complete
|Single border||Single input/output version|
|Double border||Multiple input/output versions|
When all elements in a device condition or PCO have been created, the border around the device condition or PCO changes from orange to green.
The following example shows a completed device condition in an incomplete PCO.