You can import a Harmony transfer curve in ColorFlow that allows you to generate output that is identical to the output you generated using the Harmony curve.
Import a Harmony transfer curve and use it to output a page in Prinergy.
Task 1: Import a Harmony print curve
- In ColorFlow, click the Print Curves tab.
- In the Harmony Curves section, click Import.
- Select file CF-AG04_Harmony_Print_Curves.hmy.
- Select all four curves in the Import dialog box and click OK.
- Select the Show in Prinergy Print Curves check boxes for the four imported PRINT curves.
- To view the Harmony curve value, in the Harmony Curves list, do one of the following:
- Double-click the PRINT Press A CS1 SWOP 175L curve
- Click the PRINT Press A CS1 SWOP 175L curve, and then click the Curve icon in the curve object on the right window
- Remember the 50% black ink value.
Task 2: View the print curves in Prinergy
- In Prinergy, click Tools > Process Template Editor > Loose Page Output > Virtual Proof
- Click Virtual Proof.LoosePage.
- In the Loose Page Output dialog box, expand Calibration & Screening.
- Select the ColorFlow Current State radio button.
- Expand the Print Curves dropdown list. You should see all of the built-in transfer curves and the four curves that you have selected in Show in Prinergy Print Curves.
Task 3: Output a PDF using the print curve in Prinergy
- In Prinergy, create a new job, and name it as
XX CF Activity 04 (where XX = your initials).
- Refine Chart_TintRamp_CMYK.pdf with 1stRef-Normz.
- Output the PDF file using Virtual Proof.LoosePage with one of the transfer curves you just imported:
- In your Virtual Proof.LoosePage Process template dialog box, from the Output To list, select Virtual Proof.
- Leave ColorFLow Color Relationship Management unchecked.
- Expand the Calibration & Screening panel.
- Click the ColorFlow Current State radio button.
- Expand the Print Curve drop down list and select curve PRINT Press A CS1 SWOP 175L.
- Open the generated page in VPS and measure the 50% black patch.
Confirm that the transfer curve has been applied and the 50% black patch measures 52.6%.
You have imported a Harmony transfer curve and used it in Prinergy to control the tonal response for an output.