Note: Either while the Device Curves Edit dialog is open, or after it has been closed, you can select Undo or Redo from the Edit menu (or use Ctrl/Cmd-Z or Ctrl/Cmd-Y).
- In the Print Curves tab, under Calibration Curves, click the Add button .
- Add the print device and drag it to the viewer window.
- Click the Properties icon define the device condition properties. and
- Create a measurement chart and measure device output samples:
- Click the Measurement icon .
- Do one of the following actions:
- When you launch a measurement or import operation, in the Print Characterization Curve dialog, select the curve that you used in Prinergy when you output the test chart.
This is typically Linear, but may be a cutback curve for high-gain printing, or a bump curve for flexographic printing.
Select the print curve target and define conversion:
- Click the Conversion icon .
- If you want the curve to be visible in Prinergy, select the Show curves in Prinergy check box.
Click the Process Inks tab and select the desired target device condition from the Target dropdown list.
ColorFlow provides a list of built-in industry CMYK specifications that you can use as your target response. If you can't find the desired target from the list, you can create a custom CMYK Reference device condition as your target.
If you selected the G7 check box, the G7 target is automatically selected and the Target list is not available for selecting an alternate target.
- If you measured a tint ramp for one or more spot inks:
- Click the Spot Inks tab.
- From the Target menu, select the desired target device condition.
- Select Curve Method: Tonal Match (selected automatically).
- Click OK.