With Matchprint Virtual technology, you can perform color-accurate monitor proofing on files in Smart Review.
You can review files in Smart Review for color accuracy if:
- Your printer has enabled your customer for color.
- Your printer has assigned a color profile to your files.
- You view the files using an approved Mac computer, Mac OS, and Safari browser, including a qualified color monitor.
- You have calibrated your monitor using Matchprint Virtual, and the calibration has not expired.
- You have a project role that includes the Use Matchprint Virtual user right.
To monitor-proof a file for color accuracy, the file must be stored in a project, and a color-approval task must be associated with the file and assigned to you.
Note: For more information about system requirements, see the Matchprint Virtual Release Notes and Monitor Selection Guide.
File formats supported by Matchprint Virtual
Matchprint Virtual accepts the following file types:
- Composite EPS, PS, and PDF, including files that contain spot colors, transparency, and source profiles assigned to CMYK or RGB image or graphic components
- DCS, including files that use spot colors
- JPEG and TIFF, including files that contain source profiles assigned to CMYK or RGB image or graphic components (Other color spaces are not supported.)
Note: JPEG and TIFF files that use spot colors are not supported.