Automate bleed path resolution by creating all the bleed with overlaps as a special line type in the CAD program you use (for example, Esko Artios or Arden Impact). Both the PLA software and the Pandora software will use this line type to create the bleed. Note: You must have made similar adjustments to the Preferences settings of the Pandora software. For more details, see the Pandora User Guide.
Perform the following procedure to set up bleed path resolution based on CAD file line type. Repeat the procedure if the CAD file line type changes.
- Start Layout Automation Manager.
- Depending on your operating system, perform one of the following actions:
- On a Macintosh client computer: Select Layout Automation Manager > Preferences > Die Settings.
- On a Windows OS-based computer: Select System > Preferences > Die Settings.
- In the Bleed area, select the Honor bleed path in CAD file check box.
Note: If the Honor bleed path in CAD file check box is selected and the software detects an error with bleed path generation, it will record the following error message in
PLA detected an error with bleed path generation. Possible
Some die stations are not closed (gaps between cutlines) “Honor bleed path in CAD file” was selected but no bleed
path line type was detected
Some bleed paths in the CAD file are not closed
Please, check all generated bleed paths carefully to make
sure they are correct.
PLA will continue processing the file, but the bleed overlaps must be resolved manually.
- In the Bleed Path Line Type box, enter the number that is used by the CAD program for bleed line definition, and click OK.
(Optional) These values can also be modified in the PLA
DefaultUser.propertiesfile by performing the following procedure:
- Find the
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodak\PLASubService\server\WEB-INF \classesand open it in a text editor such as Notepad.
- Set the
- Add the following line to the DefaultUser.properties file:
Die.BleedLineNum=<die line type number>
- Select File > Save, and then close the file.
- Find the