The settings on the Substrate tab determine how the software creates automatically sized substrates (formerly: automatically sized press sheets or ASPS).
Note: In PLA 4.0 and later, the word "substrate" replaces "press sheet". This enhancement delivers naming that is better aligned with the overall packaging market and is suitable for all of its segments.
The PLA software can automatically size substrates according to the job elements (die, step-and-repeat, plate, or film) and margins that you specify. For example, you may receive a die from a die maker, and want to reduce paper waste by using the size of the die to determine the size of the substrate. You can create default settings and have PLA always create substrates based on these settings.
Preferences set on the Substrate tab are user-specific. You can define them in the PLA Client.
Size To None
Select millimeters, centimeters, or inches.
Size To Die
- Select millimeters, centimeters, or inches.
- To prevent an odd-sized substrate, select the Round to nearest check box, type a number in the box, and, in the rounding box, select Up or Down.
Note: It is not possible to round down unless the margins are big enough to prevent a negative margin value.
- Select Size Based On as appropriate:
- All lines in die file bases the die size on the outermost lines in the die.
- All die stations bases the die size on all the stations in the die.
- Line type allows you to specify a line type to use to size the die.
Size to Step Repeat, Size to Plate, Size to Film
In the same way that you configured Size to Die, you can select to set units to size to step-and-repeats, plates, or film.