Use duplicating marks to add color bars to press sheets. The mark image automatically duplicates within a specified area on a press sheet, typically across its width or within a fixed area that you specify.
Select the image file (from the drop-down menu) to use in the mark.
Select the number of degrees to rotate the mark image clockwise around the mark anchor point.
Select a fixed or variable size type, and specify the fixed dimension of the area that is to be automatically filled with duplications of the color-bar mark image:
- To create a fixed-size mark, select Fixed, and specify the Width and Height in the text boxes that appear.
- To create a vertical mark that automatically matches the height of the component, select Variable height, and specify the mark thickness in the Width text box that appears.
- To create a horizontal mark that automatically matches the width of the component, select Variable width, and specify the Height.
From this list, select Left, Center, or Right to control where the duplication mark originates from. If selecting Center, Preps will automatically duplicate the image to either side of the center until the area is filled.
Do not apply workflow color calibration
Note: This option applies only to JDF or PJTF output. It is ignored for all other output types.
Select this check box to generate a pair of marks flats: one containing the uncalibrated version of the marks, the other with calibrated marks in case this is needed downstream. Uncalibrated marks are not affected by color profiles or curves applied to jobs.
Select the component to which the mark will be anchored. On the diagram, click a reference point for the selected component.
- Fixed-size mark: Choose any of the nine points.
- Vertical mark (variable height): Choose one of the three vertical anchor points to anchor the mark to the left edge, center, or right edge of the component.
- Horizontal mark (variable width): Choose one of the three horizontal anchor points to anchor the mark to the top edge, center, or bottom edge of the component.
Type the amounts of horizontal and vertical space to allow between the mark and component anchor points, and between the mark image and component edge.
- For a fixed-size mark: In the H Offset and V Offset text boxes, specify the vertical and horizontal distances between the mark and component anchor points.
- For a vertical mark (variable height): In the H Offset and V Margin text boxes, specify the horizontal distance from the component anchor point and a width for the vertical margin between the mark and the component.
- For a horizontal mark (variable width): In the V Offset and H Margin text boxes, specify a vertical distance from the component anchor point and a width for the horizontal margin between the mark and the component.