New features and enhancements
This section lists features and enhancements that were added in this release.
New graphic user interface for InSite Prepress Portal
InSite Prepress Portal 9.0 contains the first release of a new and streamlined user interface. The Prepress Portal 9.0 user interface has been redesigned and reorganized to provide the user with an up-to-date and user-friendly experience.
The new user interface consists of four major areas:
- The main navigation area—consists of two tabs, Jobs and Administration
- The title area—displays the name of the active customer or job
- The actions and filters area—where you can perform various actions that are related to the selected object and filter your jobs by customer and status
- The details panel— displays the properties of the selected object, and enables parameter editing.
If you have used previous versions of InSite Prepress Portal, you’ll quickly forget that you needed to switch between several different windows and dialog boxes. You’ll find it easier and faster to do your work, using a single window to review pages, upload jobs, approve or reject pages, and interactively edit the properties of job elements.
InSite Prepress Portal 9.0 reduces the number of clicks needed to do your job.
For more information about performing specific actions, see the InSite Prepress Portal Quick Start Guide or the InSite Prepress Portal User Guide.
Enhancements to the Preview workflow
You can now define the following specific Preview permissions per customer (in the Create Customer dialog box):
- Enable Single Page View
- Enable Spread View
- Enable Rotation
- Enable Smart Review Access
In addition, the following options have been added to the Preview workflow:
- if your job has imposition or pageset with pages assigned it, you can approve signatures by clicking the Approve Signature button in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- In LPV jobs, you can approve specific versions by clicking the Approve Version button in the lower-left corner of the screen.
Page list display no longer waits for all thumbnails to be drawn
The page list now appears immediately so that work can be done while the thumbnails are being rendered.