When you create a job, you set the basic job information. Edit the job properties when you want to set or edit the following information about a job:
- Job description
- Job code
- Project code
- Color management (enable the Kodak Matchprint Virtual technology, set color targets, and require color approval)
- Automatic page registration
- Upload info sheets (if more than one is available)
- Upload processing rules
- View options
- Job CSR access
Note: You cannot change a job template by editing the job properties. You must change it in the customer account.
To edit the job properties:
- Locate the job, right-click the job row, and from the menu that appears, select Job Properties.
- In the Job Info area, modify the information in the Description, Job Code, and Project Code boxes as required.
- If a job template is assigned, the template name appears below the Job Info area. You cannot change which job template is assigned to a job by editing the job properties. You must change the job template in the customer account.
- If customized upload info sheets are available, the Upload Info Sheet list appears. You can apply a customized info sheet to this job.
Note: Your system administrator sets up customized info sheets.
- In the left pane, select Job Access. Modify the job roles for users or user groups as required.
- In the left pane, select Job CSR.
- In the Job CSR area, select one or more customer CSRs to be job CSRs for this job, or select All Current and Future Customer CSRs. If there is only one Customer CSR, that person is the default Job CSR.
- (If your system is licensed for the Matchprint Virtual technology) In the left pane, select Color Management.
- If you have a job role that includes the Edit Color Management right, the Use Matchprint Virtual option appears. You can enable or disable color management , set a color target for the job, and enforce color approval of color-managed pages.
Tip: To set a different color target for specific pages, go to the Pages tab in the job.
- In the left pane, select Upload Processing Rules.
- Select the Enable Rip for Rendering check box if you want the system to render Smart Review images, raster proofs, printed proofs and annotation reports for this job using the Prinergy server RIP.
- In the Rule Name column, select a check box beside the rules you want to add.
If you only enable one upload processing rule, that rule is the default rule for all files uploaded in this job. If you enable more than one rule, users select one of the enabled rules when they upload files.
- In the left pane, select View Options.
- In the View Options area, select any of the following options:
Show Page Sets: Show or hide page sets
If you want the reader order to be from right to left, select the Use Right-Hand Spreads check box.
- Show Signatures: Show or hide signatures
- Enable Preview: Enable or disable the Preview feature, which allows users to preview pages that have been assigned to page sets.
Note: The Preview feature must be enabled in InSite Administration.
- Show View Control: Select how pages display by default (list view or gallery view) and whether users are allowed to change the default view for their own sessions. If you clear the check box, the View buttons do not appear on the Pages tab in the job.
- Show Sort By Control: Select how pages are sorted in the job by default (by last modified date, by position, or by signature) and whether users are allowed to change the default sort order for their own sessions. If you clear the check box, the Sort By list does not appear on the Pages tab in the job.Tip: You can prevent customers from changing the default view in any job by clearing the Show View Control and Show Sort By Control check boxes in a template job.
Override Page Safety Offset System Defaults: Select this option to change the default setting for safety lines, in points, when the files in the job are viewed in Smart Review.
By default, safety lines are measured from the inside of the page's trim box. If the page does not have a trim box, the safety lines are measured from the edges of the page with no offset.
- Click Update.