Note: Options in this tab may vary depending on the selected digital device.
The options in the Digital Job Ticket Editor are based on the capabilities of the selected device. When the Prinergy server connects to a digital device via Setup, the device communicates its capabilities in JMF format. The values for the different parameters are updated in the Setup application per device, and are reflected in the Digital Job Ticket Editor. The default value that was set on the digital device (and can be viewed in Setup) is used as the default value per parameter. If no value was set as default, the Job Ticket Editor displays Device Default. This selection can be changed.
When you define settings that are in conflict, these settings are marked with a red line around them, and when you hover above them, a tool tip displays what is wrong with the defined settings. You can also click the Constraints tab to see which settings you need to change in order to print the job.
Displays the selected tray of the digital device for this job. The list of trays reflects the trays that are currently connected to the device with the paper that is currently loaded in each tray.
Displays the selected substrate for this job.
The list of substrates include only the substrates available for this device.
Note: To include the available substrates for a device in this list, when you connect to a device in Setup (Equipment > Digital Device), you must click the Import substrates button to import the available substrate library from the digital device's substrate catalog. See Setting up a digital device (press).
You can view (but not edit) the settings of the selected substrate in the list of parameters below the Substrate list.
If you select Custom, you can edit the settings for the substrate:
- Weight—type the required weight of the substrate
- Type—such as Paper or Transparency
- Material Type—such as Stationary, Labels, Envelope, Plastic Folder and so on.
- Coating—such as Glossy, Matte and so on
- Colored—select a color for the substrate such as Orange, Ivory, Blue and so on
- Pre Punched—define whether the substrate has punched holes in it or not
- Tabs—define whether the substrate has pre-cut tabs at the edge of the paper or not
- Number of Tabs—if the substrate has pre-cut tabs, type the number of tabs
Displays the size of the substrates.
The list of sizes include only the sizes available for this device. For most devices, you can also enter a custom substrate size.