If your input files contain the same spot colors that are required for proof or plate output:
- See Creating a refine to PDF process template.
- In the Spot Color Handling section Spot Color Handling list, select Don't Map Spot Colors.
- See Creating process templates.
- To output to a CMYK device (for example a conventional color proofer), in the Render section, Spot Color Handling list, select Convert separations to process.
- To output separations (for example when creating a Prinergy Virtual Proofing System (VPS) software file), in the Render section, Spot Color Handling list, select Output separately.
- See Customizing the template palette, making sure in the Customize Template Palette dialog box, to select the refine to PDF and output from imposition process templates you created in steps 1 and 2.
- See Submitting files to the template palette.
- Open the resulting PDF pages in Acrobat software, and check to ensure that spot colors don't exist.
- See Creating your own color library.This step is required if you want to make loose page or imposed proofs.
- Using your imposition software (for example, Preps) and the PDF pages Prinergy Evo has created, check the imposition layout template page positions.
- Submit the imposition plan file (PJTF or JDF) to the output from imposition Template Palette.
- In the Process Start dialog box, click Colors to manually map colors. For more information, see Manually mapping colors.
- In the Color Mapping dialog box, in the Action list, select Leave Untouched for each color that you want as a final separation.
- See Changing your color separations print order, if required.
- Click Go to submit the file for proofing or platemaking.
Based on the device you specified in the output from imposition process template dialog box Processed File Preferences section, Prinergy Evo outputs to proof or plate.