- Click the Conversion icon between the CI and the PCO.
- In the Input Version box, if you don't want to use the default version name, enter a new name.
- By default, graphics (text and linkwork) are treated same as images (pictures), if you want the text and linework of your input data have different settings with pictures, on the Graphic tab, clear the Graphic Conversion Same as Image Conversion check box.
- In the Conversion Method section, do the following:
- If your ColorFlow edition is not licensed to generate DeviceLinks, from the DeviceLink Method list, select Imported and then click Import to import a DeviceLink profile.
If your PCO profile is an imported 5-, 6- or 7-color separation profile generated by KSS or another application and you want to to maintain consistency with profile pair conversions selected in Prinergy without ColorFlow:
Click the Profile Pair radio button.
- Choose the desired rendering intent:The following table describes each rendering intent and their applications:
Rendering intent Where to use for Description Perceptual Photographs (scans and images) Fits all colors in the source space into the destination space while preserving overall color relationships. This method is suitable for images that contain significant out-of-gamut colors (RGB to CMYK) Saturation Business graphics (charts and solid colors) Converts saturated colors in the source to saturated colors in the destination. This method may not be suitable for preserving original colors in an image Relative Colorimetric Proof output where the destination gamut is larger than source gamut Maps white in the source to white in the destination, reproducing all in-gamut colors and clipping out-of-gamut colors to the closest reproducible hue. This method preserves more of the original colors than the Perceptual method Absolute Colorimetric Proof output where the media white color of the source needs to be reproduced on the destination media Maintains color accuracy and does not change any colors that fall inside the destination color gamut (including white)
- To generate a DeviceLink profile by ColorFlow, click the DeviceLink radio button and configure DeviceLink settings.
Limitation: You cannot generate a color input DeviceLink for a discontinuous flexographic PCO.