The following table provides a side-by-side comparison of the same tasks in the two software. The left column lists the tasks you would perform in Harmony; the right column lists the same tasks you would do in ColorFlow.
Create a linear transfer curve.
Create a non-linear transfer curve:
- Enable curve nodes.
- Enter DEV values for the desired nodes.
- In the Print Curves tab, under Transfer Curves, click the Add button .
- Enter a name for your curve.
- Select the device conditions for which you want to use this curve or leave the default value.
- Click OK.
- In the viewer window on the right, click the Transfer Curves icon .
- If you want to add the curve properties to the name, click Default Name.
- If you want the curve to be visible in Prinergy, select the Show in Prinergy check box.
- In the Curve Definition section, click Custom.
- Do the following:
- To create a linear transfer curve, click OK.
To create a non-linear transfer curve:
- Click a desired color channel button (C, M, Y, K) or All if all the colors have the same values.
- Enter the Midtone Tint Change and Midtone Curve Tilt value. You can click View Curves to display the curve graph while you editing the tint change or tilt value.
- Click OK.
To edit the print transfer
- Select the nodes that you want to edit.
- Enter the new DEV values.
To edit the print transfer curve in ColorFlow
- Click the Transfer Curves icon .
If you are not satisfied with the color output in one channel only, select and adjust that color channel. For example, you notice that there is an overall magenta cast across all tones, adjust the M channel.
Below the Curve Change
graph, there are several sliders that represent different points in the tonal range:
Tint In Range (non-flexo)
Tint In Range (flexo)
|Most affected||Affects||Most affected||Affects|
|Mindot||Does not appear||Do not appear||Mindot Tint In||Mindot to 25%|
|Highlights||10%||0 to 25%||10% to 15%||Mindot to 25%|
|Quartertones||25%||0 to 50% ||25%||Mindot to 50%|
|Midtones||50%||0 to 100%||50%||Mindot to 100%|
|3/4-tones||75%||50 to 100%||75%||50 to 100%|
|Shadows||90%||75 to 100%||90%||75 to 100%|
The value in the box under each slider is a change percentage. The graph appears flat until you make an adjustment. Move the appropriate slider to adjust the corresponding tonal range or enter the tint out change percentage in the box under the slider.
You can click Transfer Curves to display the transfer curve graph and see the result of you adjustments.