Creating a Color Input (CI) in your color setup is optional. It may be useful if, for example, you receive a CMYK input file that exceeds the maximum ink coverage of your press because it was incorrectly separated from RGB during the design stage. In this case, by defining a CI, you can choose to reseparate your received CMYK content in order to assign a more desirable Total Area Coverage (TAC) value to your press-ready separations. In Prinergy, you can use the CI you created as the source space to reseparate input files to the destination color space of the PCO.
- Click the Color Setups tab, and then click the desired color setup from the list to show it in the viewer window.
- Double-click the background of the viewer window to show the Device window.
- Drag a device from the Devices window into the CI position in the Color Setups viewer. The CI device is usually a reference device that you use to define the color space of input files.
- Select the device condition for the CI device.
- Define the CI-to-PCO conversion method.