- In the PCO, click the Simulation icon .
- Enter a Simulation Name or use the default name.
- Select the Show curves in Prinergy check box if you want the generated print calibration curve to be available for manual selection in Prinergy output.
- Click the Process Inks tab.
- In the Target list, select the color response that you want to simulate:
- An industry specification—for example, GRACoL 2006 Coated 1
- The color response of a different device condition—for example, a reference device condition or device condition that you previously characterized
- Select None if you want to use the PCO device condition's actual color response—for example, you want to align SCO devices to PCO devices
Note: If a desired target is not shown in the Target list, you can show it by selecting the Show in Target Lists check box of the desired device condition in the Device Conditions tab.
Include Page _curve method _curve method
- For a discontinuous Flexographic PCO press:
- The color of the target in the highlight region is typically lighter, unless the target is also discontinuous. If the color of the target in the highlight region is darker and you want to improve color match of the target response across the entire tonal range, select the Allow Mindot Tint Out Increase check box.
Include Page _highlight contrast control _highlight contrast control
To use a DeviceLink profile, do the following:
- If your ColorFlow edition is not licensed to generate DeviceLinks, from the DeviceLink Method list, select Imported and then click Import to import a DeviceLink profile.
- To generate a DeviceLink profile, from the DeviceLink Method list, select the desired method. For more details, see Generating a DeviceLink profile.
You cannot generate a simulation DeviceLink for a discontinuous flexographic PCO.
- If the simulation target is discontinuous, you can generate either a simulation calibration curve or a discontinuous PCO DeviceLink, but you cannot generate both.
- Click OK.
A simulation calibration curve and/or a simulation DeviceLink are generated. If you select to use the ColorFlow Color Relationship Management option in Prinergy output, Prinergy refines input files to the color response of the simulation target.
Note: If the PCO device condition has extended process inks, they are calibrated to match the Spot Color Tone Value (SCTV) response of the same ink names present same-named inks present in the simulation target. For extended process inks not present in the target, and for G7 calibration, linear SCTV calibration is performed.