Important: You must run the License Precheck utility before upgrading to InSite Prepress Portal 8.0.
InSite Prepress Portal 8.0 introduces a new type of licensing technology that does not require hardware dongles for verification. Instead, your InSite server will contact the KODAK Product License and Activation System (PLAS) in the background on a regular basis to keep your system licenses up to date. An internet connection is required for automatic maintenance of your licenses. If your server is not connected to the internet, you can follow the offline process that is described below. When upgrading to version 8.0, you must also upgrade your license.
High level summary of the new licensing procedure
1. Retrieve Serial ID for your InSite server from Partner Place (this is different from dongle ID).
2. Run License Precheck to confirm license availability.
3. Retrieve license (or supply XML file) after installation.
Retrieve Serial ID
Your Serial ID takes the form AXxxxxx or YCxxxxx-IN.
- If you already have a Partner Place account, log on to Partner Place at https://partnerplace.kodak.com/. Navigate to Service & Support > Product Registration and License Activation > View registered products and select your site. A list of registered products will be displayed, including the serial number for your InSite Prepress Portal system.
- If you do not have a Partner Place account, but you have a support plan that entitles you to the InSite Prepress Portal upgrade, you can register on Partner Place at https://partnerplace.kodak.com/.
Running the License Precheck
Download the InSite Prepress Portal License Precheck from the InSite Prepress Portal 8.0 installation page on Partner Place. Run the Precheck on your InSite server. The Precheck will display a dialog box with your server’s unique system ID and fields for you to enter your Serial ID and Partner Place user ID. Once Serial ID and Partner Place ID are entered, click the Confirm button. A message indicating Success means your license is available and you can continue with the installation. If a valid service contract isn’t found for your Serial ID, an error message is displayed and you will need to contact Kodak support.
If your InSite server is not connected to the internet, you will see a dialog box that provides an opportunity to save an XML file containing the necessary information to generate a license. In the InSite License dialog box, click Browse... to select a location for the XML request file, and click Save to save the file.
Copy the XML file to another workstation that can access the PLAS server on the Internet. From that workstation connect to https://ecentral.kodak.com/productregistration/FileUpload.aspx and use the tools on that page to upload the XML file.
PLAS will generate a new XML file that you can use to license your InSite server. Download and copy the new XML file to the InSite server.
Installing the license
After installing the software, go to Start > Programs > Kodak InSite > License Manager. Click the Enter License Key button.
- If your InSite server is connected to the internet, click the Retrieve License button to retrieve the license from PLAS. Once the license key appears in the License Key field, click Apply.
- If your InSite server is not connected to the Internet and you downloaded an XML file instead, submit that file to InSite by clicking the Browse button to locate a license XML file, and then Read File. Click Apply.
Note: If you are unable to retrieve a license automatically, but have met the requirements above, it is possible your system may not be configured to work with certificates correctly. In these cases, the issue may be able to be resolved by updating Internet Explorer to the latest version and/or applying current updates to your Windows server.
Purchased licenses will be automatically renewed on a regular basis. If the InSite server is unable to reach PLAS for extended periods of time, it will notify the system administrator two weeks before the base license is set to expire. If your internet connection cannot be restored within two weeks, retrieve an updated license file to renew the base license using the manual method.
Note: Resale or reuse of the original hardware (dongle) license constitutes a breach of the software license agreement. If you are upgrading from a dongle to a software-based license, you are responsible for the destruction or disposal of the original hardware dongle. We recommend that you destroy your dongle as soon as you confirmed that the upgrade was successful.