- Planning the JTP distribution—before the Hot Standby server can operate in failover mode as the primary server, the Prinergy JTP configuration must match the JTP configuration of the primary server.
- Redistributing the JTPs—you must configure the JTPs on the Hot Standby server so that they match the primary server closely enough to resume production after a failover.
- Preparing process templates and moving referenced files 1—you must update the locations of JTPs, mark sets, and ICC profiles in the process templates so that the Hot Standby server can find them.
- Installing fonts—all the fonts that are required for jobs must be installed on the Hot Standby server.
- Testing failover 1—simulate a failover at regular intervals to ensure that the failover system operates properly.