Before you install this version of the Matchprint Virtual software, ensure that your system meets the following minimum requirements.
Supported Kodak workflow software
Matchprint Virtual 8.0 supports the following versions of Kodak software:
Operating systems and browsers
The Matchprint Virtual software requires one of the following versions of the Apple Mac OS X operating system software:
Important: Only Apple's Safari browser can be used for color accurate monitor softproofing.
Apple Mac Pro computer
Apple Mac mini computer
- The Mac computer must have the correct video cards, available ports, and cables to support the recommended (maximum) resolution of the monitor or multiple monitors (if using PressProof).
- iMac computers do not maintain constant temperatures required for color matching and therefore are not supported
- Mac mini (Early 2009) is capable of running Matchprint Virtual supported OS but does not support a 27-inch or a 30-inch single monitor or any multiple monitor configuration. To confirm, check with your Apple dealer.
- If you plan to connect a 27-inch or a 30-inch single monitor to a Mac mini (Late 2009), you need to use a Mini DisplayPort to Dual DVI Link adapter to ensure correct monitor resolution. If the Mac mini is a mid-2010 model or later, it is possible to use the Mini DisplayPort or HDMI port.
- Mac mini (Late 2014) is capable of supporting dual monitors up to 2560 x 1600 resolution via the Mini Display Ports with compatible monitors. There is also one HDMI port for use and it can deliver a maximum resolution of 1920x1200 if you prefer to use it to drive a single monitor. To confirm, check with your Apple dealer.
For information about video cards, see the Apple Web site at http://www.apple.com or contact your Apple dealer.