You can create a color setup for each type of printing that you do in your shop.
- Click the Color Setups tab, and then click the Add button in the Color Setups list.
The Devices window appears, and a new color setup named Untitled_n appears in the Color Setups list.
- Add the desired device if it is not in the Device window.
- Drag the device into the PCO position in the Color Setups viewer.
The device that you drag into the PCO position is the device with the color response to which you want all other devices in the color setup to align. This device may be the most important or most stable device in your shop. For example, if you use a particular proofer to create contract proofs, you may want to choose this proofer as the PCO device, to ensure that all devices in the color setup print the same colors as the contract proofer. The PCO device can also be a CMYK reference device that uses the color response of an industry specification.
- Double-click Untitled_n , and type a new name for the color setup. You can name the color setup after its commercial purpose—for example, "Glossy brochures."
- Define the device condition for the device.
- Characterize the color response of the device condition.
- Define the device condition profile.
- Define the color response of the PCO by simulating a target
- Define the PCO profile.
- (Optional)Verify the PCO.