You can view many types of files in Smart Review, and some files can be proofed for color accuracy using the Matchprint Virtual technology.
Can view in Smart Review
Can proof with Matchprint Virtual
Color proofing file limitations
Files that you want to color proof in Smart Review using Matchprint Virtual must meet the following requirements:
- EPS, PS, and PDF files must be composite files.
- EPS, PS, and PDF files can use CMYK or RGB color space conversion for rendering, spot colors, and transparency.
- DCS files can include spot colors.
- JPEG and TIFF files can use CMYK or RGB color space conversion during rendering, but other color spaces are not supported.
- JPEG and TIFF files that use spot colors are not supported.
Adobe file limitations
- Only Adobe Creative Suite (CS) versions 2 and later are supported for Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Earlier versions of files may work but cannot be guaranteed.
- Thumbnails are correctly generated for Photoshop (.psd) files only when you save the files in the Photoshop CS software with the Maximize Compatibility option selected.
- Thumbnails are generated for Illustrator (.ai) files only when you save the files in the Illustrator software with the Create PDF Compatible File option selected.