Use this tool to create trap tickets that automatically use the trapping parameters you set. You can designate trap and keepway settings and set the color pair trap rules. Automatic trap will work on an entire file or on selected parts of the file. You can edit the trap ticket before executing automatic trap.
- Launch Adobe Illustrator and open the document requiring trapping.
- In the Adobe Illustrator tool bar, select the Direct Selection Tool and select the objects on which you want to perform trapping.
- In the Adobe Illustrator menu bar, go to the Window menu, and select Prinergy > Trap > Auto Trapping.
The Auto Trap interface appears.
- Click the Trap button. If no object is selected, the message window will appear to notify you that no objects have been selected and ask if you want to select all objects.
- Prinergy Tools trapper automatically starts trapping, and displays the trapping progress.
- After trapping, a new trapping layer will be automatically generated, and the dialog box for the trap color pairs will appear.
- When this dialog box appears, the automatic trapping has finished.