If a rule set is enabled and you need to modify it, you cannot change it directly. You must replace it with a copy of the rule set that has a different name, known as performing a hot swap. The new rule set is enabled and the replaced rule set is disabled, without missing any events.
- Open the rule set.
- In the Enabled Rule Set dialog box, click Open a Copy. Make your changes, and save the revised rule set with a different name or in a different group.
- In the Rule Set Library list, select the new rule set, and click Hot Swap.
- In the Hot Swap Rule Set dialog box, in the With list, select the existing rule set that you want to replace.
- If you are working with job rule sets, perform either of the following steps:
- Select In all jobs where it is enabled.
- Select In selected jobs, and then select the jobs in which you want the new rule set to replace the existing rule set.
- If you want the new rule set to use the name of the existing rule set, select the Rename Rule Sets check box.
Note: If another rule set refers to the rule set you are hot-swapping (for example, from a remote trigger), when you change the name or the path, the two rule sets are no longer linked.
- Click OK.
The new rule set is enabled in the system or jobs that were selected, and the replaced rule set is disabled.
If you selected the Rename Rule Sets check box, the new rule set has the name of the replaced rule set, and the name of the replaced rule set has an