Run the Prinergy Workflow installer on each server.
Allow sufficient time to perform the upgrade, and understand that you cannot process jobs through your Prinergy system during this time.
Note: If you are upgrading to Prinergy Workflow 8.2 from Prinergy Workflow 7.0 or earlier, you will need to have the Oracle 12 installer files as part of your upgrade for your Prinergy primary and any HotStandby (EPM+) servers. The Oracle 12 installer files are available in answer 72387 on Partner Place.
- Before you perform the upgrade, restart all of the Prinergy servers.
- Exit Prinergy Administrator (UADM).
- When upgrading Prinergy in a VOE deployment, create a snapshot of the Prinergy VOE just prior to performing the upgrade. Creating a snapshot is a quick way to create a restore point of their system to a known-good working state if the upgrade fails for some reason. If a problem is encountered, the snapshot can be restored with little effort to bring the system back online.
- When upgrading a secondary server, you must upgrade the primary server first. If your system has a secondary server configured as a Hot Standby (EPM+) failover server and you do not upgrade the primary server first, Hot Standby will fail.
- Before upgrading the primary server on a system with Hot Standby, disconnect the PrinergyDB replication set. It must remain disconnected until the failover server has been upgraded. Once the upgrade of the failover server is completed, reconnect the replication set. For additional information, see Upgrading the servers in a Prinergy Hot Standby system running on Windows 2008 R2 operating system with Double-Take 5.3 or Upgrading the servers in a Prinergy Hot Standby system running on Windows 2012 R2 operating system with Double-Take 7.1 .
- The installer consists of two packages (such as
.zipfile must remain zipped and in the same location as the
- Disable any anti-virus software that is installed on the server for the duration of the upgrade. If it is not disabled the upgrade may fail because there are scripts that the upgrade needs to run which the anti-virus software may block.
- If subscribed to Kodak Cloud services, the Kodak Cloud Agent service must be stopped on the primary server before upgrading.
To stop the Kodak Cloud Agent service:
- Go to Start > Administrative Tools > Services.
- Locate the Kodak Cloud Agent service, right-click it and select Stop.
- To upgrade your server, double-click the installer (
.exefile) and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If a new license key is required for the upgrade, the Add License Key dialog box is displayed. If you have not previously installed a version of Prinergy that uses software-based licensing, you will need to enter your License ID. If you have previously installed a version of Prinergy that uses software-based licensing, then the License ID box should already be populated.
- Verify that your correct License ID is displayed in the License ID box.
Your License ID is the same as your Prinergy Workflow serial number which takes the form YCxxxxx or YCxxxxx-xx. If you do not know your Prinergy Workflow serial number and you have a Partner Place account you can look it up by performing the following actions:
Note: If you do not have a Partner Place account but do have a support plan that entitles you to the Prinergy upgrade, register at https://partnerplace.kodak.com/, and then perform the following actions.
- Log on to Partner Place at https://partnerplace.kodak.com/.
Go to Service & Support > Product Registration and License Activation > View registered products.
Select your site. A list of registered products appears, including the serial number for your Prinergy Workflow system (in the form YCxxxxx or YCxxxxx-xx).
- Verify that your correct Partner Place username is displayed in the Partner Place username box.
Note: If required, you can create a new Partner Place account or change the one you are using, by clicking the Create\Update Partner Place username link.
- Select the License Key option.
- Click Retrieve License.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- If your Prinergy server is able to communicate directly with PLAS, then your license(s) will be retrieved and you can now upgrade your system. Proceed with step 17.
- If your Prinergy server is behind a firewall or otherwise unable to communicate directly with PLAS, proceed with step 8.
- If Prinergy cannot reach the server for automatic license retrieval it will provide you with the opportunity to save an XML license request file. Save the XML license request file and transfer it to a system that has internet access.
- In a web browser, go to: https://ecentral.kodak.com/productregistration/FileUpload.aspx.
- On the web page, click Browse in Microsoft Internet Explorer, or Choose File in Google Chrome.
- In the browser that opens, navigate to the location of your XML license request file, select it and click Open.
- To submit your license request file, on the web page, click Upload file.
An XML license response file is created.
- Save the XML license response file and transfer it to your Prinergy primary server.
- In Prinergy Administrator, in the Add License Key dialog box, select the Load License key from file (main/trial) option.
- Click Browse and navigate to your XML response file.
- Click Read File.
- After the license appears in the License Key box, click Apply.
- Your Prinergy system is now licensed. Click Next, and proceed with the rest of the upgrade process.
- When the following screen appears, select Yes, I want to restart my computer now., to restart the server.
- After upgrading the server and before starting Prinergy, verify that the IP address for this server to use is configured. To do so, perform the following actions:
- Go to Prinergy Administrator > Tools > Configure System.. > Network Cards.
- If there is no IP address displayed next to the Prinergy IP Address label or it does not show the correct IP address, select the correct address from the IP Address list and confirm the change by clicking OK.
- If prompted, restart the server.
- If Prinergy Cloud Agent is installed on the primary server, run the installer again. When prompted to install or uninstall the Cloud Agent, select the install option. Components of the agent will be re-installed to be compatible with the new version of Prinergy.
- Start Prinergy to complete the upgrade process.
- Re-enable any anti-virus software that was disabled in step 1.
Important: During the upgrade you may see a Windows pop-up message asking you to Restart Now. DO NOT restart the server. Restart the server only when you see the InstallShield Wizard Complete screen (see step 21).