Set up the details of the digital devices that you use, in order to plan and impose the printing work correctly. When you add a device in Setup, the device is automatically added in Device Track (in the Devices pane) and when you select the device, its device capabilities are displayed in the right pane of the Digital Device dialog box. The settings are read-only and cannot be changed.
The tabs below the settings (Screening, Finishing, Printing Params, Job Setup and Substrate Options) contain detailed settings loaded from the digital device. To define the default values of some of these settings, select the relevant check box. The value you select will appear as the default value of the setting in the Digital Job Ticket Editor.
Note: If you make a change in Setup while the Digital Job Ticket Editor is open, you must close and reopen the Digital Job Ticket Editor to see the change in the Digital Job Ticket Editor.
- In Workshop, from the Tools menu, select Setup.
- In the left pane, click the arrow next to Equipment, to expand the Equipment section.
- Click Digital Device.
If digital devices have already been created, a list of digital devices is displayed in the center pane.
- To add a new digital device, click the Add
button. In the add digital device dialog box, perform the following actions:
- In the Select Digital Press list, select the digital press that you want to add.
- In the Server Name box, type the name of the server or its IP address.
- In The Device Name box, type the name of the device.
Note: Only applicable to EFI Fiery.
- In the Device Speed (surfaces/hours) box, select or type the speed of the device.
- In the Default capacity range (hours) box, select the default capacity range of the device.
- Click Add.
A new row is added to the list of digital devices in the center pane, and the device is also added to the Devices pane in Device Track and to the list of connected devices in Administrator.
- In the right pane, view the digital device properties.
Note: See Digital Device dialog box for a description of the properties.
- To define default values for settings listed in the Screening, Finishing, Printing Params, Job Setup and Substrate Options tabs, select the relevant check box. The value you select will appear as the default value of the setting in the Digital Job Ticket Editor.
- On the toolbar, click
The new digital device is displayed in the new row of the list of digital devices in the center pane.
The digital device is saved to the database and can be used in jobs. The settings from the device capabilities are sent to Prinergy's Setup via JMF connectivity. .
- After you add the digital device, click Import Substrates to import the substrates that are used with this device into Setup so that you can use them in the jobs you submit to your device.
If you change any settings on the connected device such as changing the default setting in any of the device settings, click Reload device capabilities to update the changes in Setup.
Note: If you try to import substrates and/or reload device capabilities (in Setup > Equipment > Digital Device) from a connected HP press or DFE while this device is down, the substrates and/or device settings will no longer be visible in the Digital Job Ticket Editor when you submit a job. Once the device is up and running, you must re-import the substrates and/or reload the device capabilities so that they are visible again in the Digital Job Ticket Editor. [PRINERGY-44749]
Supported Digital Presses for JDF bi-directional connection:
- Creo Color Server—IC-314 connected to Konica Minolta AccurioPress 6100/6085, AccurioPrint: 3080/3070/2070/2060
- EFI—Fiery FS200 Pro
- HP—SmartStream Production Pro 4.6 or later
- KONICA MINOLTA—IC-602 Image Controller and IC-603 Image Controller
- KONICA MINOLTA—IJ Manager
- RICOH—TotalFlow Print Server R-61, R-61A, R-62A
- Komori—IJ Manager