You may want to take copydot scans of books that were previously printed with offset press, and repurpose for reprint on a digital press. However, sending high-resolution copydot images to a digital press without preprocessing can result in long processing times and moiré on output. Prinergy can be used to preprocess the files for better results.
For example, to resample high-resolution offset-quality copydot images at 2400 dpi to digital-quality PDF files at 600 dpi, set up a loose page process template with the following settings:
Note: Values not specified below can be left cleared or at their default value.
- From the Output to list, select PDF Raster.
- Select the Copydot check box, click its arrow to open the Copydot section, and define the following parameters:
- Select the Resample check box.
- From the Calibration Curve list, select None (or any other curve).
- Select the Layout check box, click its arrow to open the Layout section, and define the following parameters:
- From the Size list, select Digital.
- In the PDF Box to Use box, select Trim Box.
- Select the Render check box, click its arrow to open the Render section, and define the following parameters:
- In the Resolution X box, type 600 (dpi).
- In the Resolution Y box, type 600 (dpi).
- From the Color Model list, select DeviceCMYK.
- In the Shades option, select 1.
- In the Calibration & Screening section, click the arrow to open the Calibration & Screening section, and define your required settings. Settings here don't really matter, unless there is non-copydot images/pages in the data you want to process. In that case, select values that will provide good results on your particular output device.
- In the File Format section, click the arrow to open the File Format section, and define the following parameters:
- From the Compression list, select CCITTG4.
- From the Document Format list, select Multi Page.
- In the Device section, click the arrow to open the Device section, and in the Device Path box, type the path to the digital press's input hot folder, or keep the default path if you want to use this process template to connect to the digital press with a managed connection to the device (such as via a Publish File process).
- In the Marks section, click the arrow to open the Marks section, and in the Extra Margin for Marks and Bleed boxes, keep the default values (36 pt) so the press output has bleed. However, if you want Prinergy to create the PDF without bleed, type
0pt in all boxes.