- Create the source PostScript for the marks PDF files in any software that allows registration color (for example, QuarkXPress, PageMaker) so it appears on all separations.
- Once you are satisfied with your file, create a fat, composite PostScript file containing embedded fonts.
Perform the following as appropriate:
If you want to add marks using...
An imposition marks file
- Add the marks to your imposition using imposition software such as Preps and then import the imposition (and marks file).
A process template
- Configure an Acrobat Distiller job option file to distill PostScript files to PDF files for Prinergy. This task must be performed only once after installing Workshop.
- Use Acrobat Distiller to distill the PostScript to create PDF files of the marks file.
- Create an output process template specifying the marks file and its positioning.
- Apply the output process template to the PDF files in a job. The system will add the marks file from the process template to the job.