Use Prinergy Administrator's Network File Shares Configuration to set up or change the Mac file-sharing protocol of Prinergy and files on job or input volumes.
- All Prinergy server and client computers must be updated to Prinergy 8.0.
- The protocol that you want to adopt must be qualified for the servers in your Prinergy system.
- File shares must be created before you can define or convert the file-sharing protocol.
- Stop all archiving, purging, and retrieving activities:
- If you use the Prinergy Rules-Based Automation (RBA) software and an enabled rule set uses the Archive/Retrieve JTP or Purge JTP, quit Prinergy to prevent the rule set from executing.
- If you do not quit Prinergy, stop the Archive/Retrieve JTP or Purge JTP. Both JTPs are located on the Prinergy primary server or a secondary server.
- In Prinergy Administrator, select Tools > File Shares for Prinergy to display the Network File Shares Configuration dialog box.
The left pane displays the current file shares, indicating whether each file share can be used for job home and whether it is using the AFP or SMB file-sharing protocol.
Note: AFP is not qualified with Prinergy Workflow 8.0.
Add or modify the servers and input volumes in your Prinergy system.
Add a file share
- Click , and type the server name or click Browse and locate a server. When you type a server name, the Share menu displays all the valid shares that you can select.
- From the Share menu, select the share, and click OK.
Select the Server Message Block (SMB) / Common Internet File System (CIFS) networking protocol, then select Named Forks.
Note: The Apple Filing Protocol (AFP) is not qualified with Prinergy Workflow 8.0.
Delete a file share
- Select one or more shares in the File Shares section.
Note: You cannot delete a share that has jobs on it. to delete the selected shares.
- Click OK to save your changes and close the Network File Shares Configuration dialog box.
- Perform any of the following actions:
- To make the share folder visible in Workshop immediately, stop Prinergy and then start it.
- If you already stopped Prinergy, restart it.
- If you stopped the Archive/Retrieve JTP or Purge JTP, restart it.