Use this procedure to reduce spot colors in impositions proofs—for example, when pages have spot colors that will be plated but are difficult to proof.
CAUTION: If the spot colors will never be plated, reduce them during refine whenever possible. Color conversion is more predictable during refine than during other processes.
- Switch to the Signatures view, and select the surfaces or signatures that you want to proof.
- Start an imposition output process on the selected surfaces or signatures by dragging the surfaces or signatures to the imposition output process template.
- Reduce all spot color by selecting two options in the process template:
- In the Start Process dialog box, click Edit Process Template.
- Expand the Render section.
- In the Output Separation Handling list, select Convert Separations to Process.
- Select the Always Use Color Combiner to Convert Spots check box.
- Close the process template.
- Click OK to close the Start Process dialog box.The proof process occurs. The proof is generated.
- You can modify and save the process template before you start. Start the process using the modified process template, and do not click Edit Process Template in the Start Process dialog box.
- If you used the Color Separations dialog box to reduce or map spot colors at any time before generating final output, the settings in that dialog box will apply to the final output.