If you require output containing no transparent objects, and the flattener causes output problems due to complex transparency effects in your input file, use this procedure to ensure that the file prints correctly regardless of the downstream RIP.
If you require output that does not contain transparent objects (for example, PDF/X-1, PDF/X-3, or PDF 1.3 output), process the file as PDF 1.4 through Prinergy. Otherwise, the flattener in the CPSI RIP can cause output problems (either on refine or rendering) because of complex transparency effects in your file. Once the files are ready to send out, use APPE (Adobe PDF Print Engine) to output the files to PDF raster.
- Refine the input files without flattening, including the following options:
- In the Normalize section of the refine process template, in the PDF 1.4-1.6 (Acrobat 5-7) box, select Leave as is.
- Perform all operations such as trapping and Color Matching on the unflattened file.
- Once the pages are ready to send out, set the job to use APPE.
- In the Edit menu of Job Manager, select Edit Job Attributes.
- In the Edit Job Attributes dialog box, in the RIP Name box, select Adobe PDF Print Engine.
- Output to PDF raster.
- Start an output process.
- In the Output To box at the top of the process template, select PDF Raster .
- Set options in the Render section as desired.
For example, output to 600 dpi, 256 shades with antialiasing set to 2.
The result is a raster PDF that you use as the exchange file. The file will contain contone data, and will be large and uneditable. Nevertheless, the file will print correctly regardless of the downstream RIP.