Set up a PostScript printer to use the Prinergy Refiner PPD for creating a PostScript file of your job from your original authoring software, such as QuarkXPress. You can use an actual or virtual PostScript printer to create a PostScript file.
You must download the Prinergy Refiner PPD file before you proceed with this task.
Note: If installing Prinergy Evo Client software, see the Prinergy Refiner PPD installation README that comes with the Prinergy Evo Client installation image.
- Start the Mac Printer Setup Utility software located at:
Applications\Utilities\Printer Setup Utility.
Note: In Mac OS X version 10.2, this is
Print Setup. In Mac OS X version 10.3, this is
After starting the Printer Setup Utility, the list of printers that are currently installed appears.
- Click Add.
- In the list, select IP Printing. In the Printer's Address box, type
- Clear the Use default queue on server check box.
- Type a Queue Name that is the name of the new printer, for example,
- In the Printer Model box, select Creo Products.
Prinergy Refinerappears in the Model Name box.
- Click Add and exit the Printer Setup Utility.
You are now set up to create a PostScript file of your job from your original authoring software.