The Separations view of Job Manager displays information about the individual separations of a surface.
This view has only one pane. Files in this view display in list view only.
Note: The columns you see depend on the columns you display or hide.
The name of the element.
For a page, the name is in the form of
<input file name>.<page #>.p.
Indicates the number of page positions in the signature or surface that have pages assigned to them—for example, 4 of 4 Assigned.
The workstyle as specified by the imposition plan—for example, Sheetwise.
The name of the page set to which the imposition plan is linked.
Labels a separation in a versioning job as Base, Common, Unique, or Not Identified.
- Base identifies the separations in the first imposition plan you imported into the job.
- Common identifies the separations you use in each of the versioning impositions. These are the separations that stay the same for each version. Common separations are duplicates of the base separations. For this reason, common separations are grayed-out, indicating you don't need to output them, because you will output the base separations.
- Unique identifies the separations for which you have more than one version-that is, the separations that differ for each version.
- Not Identified indicates the Common column is unpopulated. To populate the column, from the Job menu, select Identify Common Separations.
Note: When outputting separations for a versioning job, you output the bold separations (the base and unique separations); you don't output the grayed-out separations (the common separations).
Web Growth Profile Name
Displays the name of the web growth profile, if one is selected.
Web Growth Profile Path
Displays the path to the web growth profile, if one is selected.
Displays the kind of content a separation contains:
- Has Page Content indicates the separation contains page information.
- Mark Content Only indicates the separation has marks only.
- Empty indicates the separation has no page information and no marks.
The name of the process template group that was used to process the file and the processing status.
This column automatically appears in these panes:
- Input Files pane when an input file is processed
- Pages pane when a page is processed
- Imposition Plans pane when a surface is processed
This is known as a dynamic column. More than one dynamic column may appear if more than one process template is used.
<custom field> (more than one may be visible)
Any custom fields that were created for this job element with the Show in Workshop check box selected
The job button enables you to treat the whole job as if it were an element. You can start certain processes (archiving, purging, retrieving, and exporting) for the whole job without selecting the job files individually, and without exiting Job Manager. You can also locate the Jobs folder in the file browser, and get job information by opening the folder named after the job.
Right-click the job button to display the available menu items.