If you have a job in which there are some pages that cannot use the same color extractions as the rest of the job, you can set a color extraction override for those pages.
Use multiple bases when all versioned pages require two different bases. When only some versioned pages require a different base, use color extraction override.
Note: If you set a color extraction override to a generated versioned page, you must re-generate.
- In the Versioned Pages view, on the Link tab, select the versioned pages that require color extraction override.
- Right-click (over the selected versioned page) to open the context menu and click Override Colors to Extract.
- In the Override Colors to Extract for <versionpagename> dialog box, click the cell, under the Colors To Extract column, that you want to change.
- In the Edit Colors To Extract dialog box, select the colors that you want to extract for the selected version of the versioned page, and click OK.
The selected version of the versioned page in the Link tab changes to a gold color. This color indicates a color extraction override.
- If you do not want the base layer to appear in the output for the selected version, select Base in the Layer Type column. This action changes the selected layer to a base layer.
- Repeat the above steps for any additional versioned pages that require color extraction override.
In the retail catalog scenario, if the base for page 1 of the Spanish versions were modified to be different from the base used for the English versions, you need to use color extraction override to set the Spanish layer to have CMYK extracted instead of Black. Also, you must change the Spanish layer type to Base.
When setting the color extraction override, note that you must right-click under the Versioned Page column in the Link tab of the Versioned Pages view. See the figure below.
Then, you must left-click under the Colors To Extract column in the Override Colors to Extract dialog box to open the Edit Colors to Extract dialog box.
Tip: To reset color extractions:
- In the Versioned Pages view, on the Link tab, select the versioned pages for which you want to reset color extraction.
- Right-click (over the selected versioned page) to open the context menu and click Reset Colors to Extract.