You can apply a web growth profile to a signature, sheet, or surface. When you apply this process template to the signature/sheet/surface, the system uses the web growth profile you registered with each signature/sheet/surface and a tower-color file. If you haven't registered a web growth profile with a signature/sheet/surface, the system cannot use one.
The color tower map file does not need to be specified. The system uses the color tower map file that is in the same folder as the web growth profile.
If you use web growth with a TIFF workflow, see About web growth profiles.
- Set up a process template:
- Edit an imposition process template or final output process template.
- Expand the Layout section.
- Select the Scale Raster check box.
- Select the Assign Web Growth Profile, if Available option to apply a web growth profile. If you select a different scaling option, it will override any web growth profile already assigned to the imposition (in Job Manager). Select one of the following:
- Select Use profiles assigned in Job Manager only. If a profile is not assigned in Job Manager, no web growth profile will be applied.
- To assign a specific web growth profile to this specific process template (for example, if certain plate sizes always have web growth applied to them), select Use Default Profile, and type or locate the
.wgpfile you want to use as your web growth profile.Note: If a web growth profile is specified for a job in Job Manager, this overrides any web growth profile that is assigned here, unless you also select the Override profiles assigned in Job Manager check box.
- To assign a specific web growth profile to each sheet separately, select Assign Profile to Sheet. In the Web Growth Profile column, type or locate the
.wgpfile you want to use as your web growth profile for each sheet. This feature is useful when, for example, you need different profiles for the left and right webs of a multi-web run. A "sheet" in the Assign Profile to Sheet list box refers to two surfaces printed on two sides of the same substrate. For example, a multi-web layout consisting of a single signature with two webs would map Sheet 1 to Signature 1 sides A and B, and map Sheet 2 to Signature 1 sides C and D. If there were a second signature, then Sheet 3 would map to Signature 2 sides A and B, and Sheet 4 would map to Signature 2 sides C and D.Note: If a web growth profile is specified for a job in Job Manager, this overrides any web growth profiles that are assigned here, unless you also select the Override profiles assigned in Job Manager check box.
- Save the process template.
- (Optional) Apply or remove a web growth profile for specific signatures, sheets, or surfaces:
- In the Signatures or Separations view, select one or more signatures.
- To apply a specific web growth profile, select OK., select the web growth profile you want to use, and click
- To remove a web growth profile, select .
- Start an output process on the signatures, sheets, or surfaces using the process template that you set up.