Use the Mark Rules Editor to create the rules for adding marks to autocreated and autoganged layouts.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- Select Resources > Mark Rules Editor.
- In the
Utilitiesfolder, double-click the
PrepsMarkRulesEditorfile to start the software.
- In Mark Rules Editor:
- In Mac OS: Select PrepsMarkRulesEditor > Preferences.
- In Microsoft Windows: Select Tools > Options.
- In the Preferences dialog box, load the profile to be used and set the Unit for specifying dimensions in the criteria settings.
- Click [+] to add a new rule.
- Configure the criteria in the rule settings.
It is not necessary to provide a value for each setting. For example, a generic rule to apply crop marks to all auto-created signatures might contain only the rule name.
- In the SmartMarks list, choose a mark to be applied by this rule. Double-click it to add it to the Marks to be added list.
Note: Add as many marks as desired for this rule.
- Click Save Rules.
- Repeat as needed to set up additional rules.
- To activate the rules for JDF auto signature creation, enable the Add SmartMarks based on mark rules option on the JDF tab of the Preferences dialog box.
- The mark rules are added to the
markrules.xmlfile in the
- For JDF auto signature creation, rules are applied based on the JDF data's work style, binding type, front and back colors, and sheet size (or size range).
- For AutoGang, rules are applied based on the flat work binding style and specified sheet size in the AutoGang Preset.
- When more than one rule matches a press run, all matching rules are applied.