Use the Press Runs workspace to interactively build, preview, and adjust a job's press-run layouts.
Select a press run, sheet, web, or side in the Press Runs List to display it in the workspace. Selecting an element in the workspace displays its settings in the Properties pane.
Dimensions can be edited directly in the workspace by typing in the text boxes or by dragging items.
Tip: To control which details are displayed, use the View menu and workspace toolbar.
For information about specific layout elements in the workspace, see the applicable topics.
Use this tool for most mouse tasks.
- Click an object to select it.
- Press and hold Shift while clicking multiple objects.
- Drag a marquee around multiple objects.
- Click one page in a group to automatically select all of the pages in the group.
Click this tool and then select a page to automatically number or renumber it.
To manually renumber a selected page, edit the Page Number box that appears under the tool bar.
Note: Imposition pages can be dynamically renumbered when you use a fold pattern. For all other impositions, you must manually number or renumber the pages.
Pages in fold patterns are pre-numbered, and you can renumber them.
- When you select this tool after placing a fold pattern in the workspace, the valid low-folio page positions are highlighted.
- Clicking a highlighted page designates it as a low folio.
- The remaining pages are automatically numbered.
- Designating more than one low folio creates multiple sections.
- If you renumber a page, the remaining pages are automatically renumbered.
- Clicking or renumbering a non-valid page changes the fold pattern.
Impositions that you create using the Create Imposition dialog box must be manually numbered or renumbered. Impositions that are based on a template can be renumbered.
- After selecting the tool, the first page that you click is the low folio, and you can click the remaining imposition pages in sequence to number or renumber all the pages.
- To create multiple deliveries of the same product, designate multiple pages as page 1.
Add Independent Pages / Convert to Spreads
independent pages or convert existing section pages to independent pages.Add
To add a new independent page, select the tool or use the Add Independent Pages menu item in the Job menu or use the copy and paste operation. Adding a new independent page creates a new part and section in the product tree.
To convert an existing section page to an independent page, select it and then select the tool. When converting an imposition or fold pattern page, you have the option of converting Front, Back, or Both. Signatures that contain independent pages can be saved as custom fold patterns and added to the fold pattern library.
When the new or converted independent page is selected, you can edit its page properties.
When two or more pages are selected at the same time, the Add Independent Pages tool acts as a Convert to Spreads tool. When converting imposition or fold pattern pages, you have the option of converting Front, Back, or Both. To select more than one page at the same time with the Direct Selecttool, hold down the Ctrl key while selecting the additional pages. Crop marks are automatically adjusted to accommodate the new page size, and fold marks are automatically added if gutters exist between the series of selected pages to indicate fold/spine width dimensions.
Drag your view of the workspace
Click the object or general area that you want to inspect more closely, or drag a marquee around a specific area.
Step & Repeat
After selecting this tool, click a PDF page, section, or placeholder to quickly duplicate it across the sheet by dragging the mouse away from the PDF. Or you can click an empty area on the sheet to drop a step-and-repeat placeholder. You can make additional adjustments based on the S&R properties.
Generate the job's AutoGang list from all Files list pages.
Show Page Previews
Display a preview of all page content..
Display the layout dimensions, including distances between edges or centers, depending on your Preferences and View menu selections.
Hide all pages on press runs.
Hide all marks on press runs.
Hide Gutter Lines
Hide all gutter lines on press runs.
Rotate the selected section or template page. The content follows the template page orientation.
Create or break apart a group of selected sections or ganged pages.
Flip your view of the sheet. The result depends on the selected work style:
- Sheetwise: Flips on the vertical axis. The grip edge still appears at the bottom.
- Perfector: Flips on the horizontal axis. Your view of the grip edge position changes.
To view the press sheet as if it were on a light table, slide the control button to adjust transparency.
Switch the workspace between multiple webs that you selected in the Press Runs List.
Single View, Multi View
Toggles the Press Runs view between:
- Single signature view: one surface of a press run
- Multi signature view: all surfaces of the press run, including front and back or top and bottom In the case of multi-web, all webs are displayed in one view.