The following steps summarize the main aspects of most single-product jobs. Not all steps must be performed in a specific order, many can be combined or automated, and there are flexible ways to perform most steps.
You need a solid prepress background and an understanding of imposition concepts and workflow.
- (Optional) Define the product intent, including the product and part page counts.
- Add the input files to the job.
Note: You can skip this step for unpopulated jobs.
- Set up the run list with PDF, placeholder, or blank pages.
Note: You can skip this step for ganged jobs.
- Add media and stock to a press run.
- Create a press-run layout with page positions, content, marks, and trims, as needed.
- Continue building the press runs to accommodate the pages for this job.
- Save the job, and print the output files.
- (Optional) Save the job as a template or fold pattern for reuse.