- To open the Licensing Preps dialog box, select Edit > Licensing.
- In the Licensing dialog box, activate the Software license menu in the upper-right corner and enter the following information:
Your Partner Place ID (the e-mail address you used to register on Partner Place).
If you do not yet have a Partner Place account, click Create/update Partner Place user name and follow the simple registration steps. A Partner Place account is free and you can start using it as soon as you confirm your e-mail address and set a password.
- Your serial number.
- If you are upgrading from a dongle-based license, Preps will automatically retrieve the ID of your dongle and use it as a serial number for your software-based license. If for some reason it is not automatically retrieved, manually enter the 6-digit ID that is etched into the dongle itself (for example, AH1234).
If you are not upgrading from a dongle-based license, enter your 15-digit software serial number or license ID (for example, K123456789101112) instead.
- Click Retrieve License.
- Select Manual retrieval of new license and click Next.
- Click Save As.
Preps saves your license details to a file.
- Copy this file to a computer with Internet access and upload it to http://ecentral.kodak.com/productregistration/fileupload.aspx.
- Follow the instructions on the Web page to upload your license details and download a new software license.
Copy the downloaded license key file to the computer on which you are installing the software.
In the Licensing Control dialog box, click Load License, and in the Load License window, click Browse to locate the file that you downloaded.
Select the file and click Open.
- To close the Licensing dialog box, click OK.
- Restart Preps.