Preps 7.5 is integrated and supported with Kodak Prinergy Workflow 7.5. Preps 7.5 is automatically installed with the Workshop/Workspace client software when you upgrade your Prinergy Workflow. Preps 7.5 is also supported with Prinergy Evo 6.1.3 (or later).
The procedure on this page explains how you install Preps independently of Prinergy Workflow Software.
Important: Do not attempt to overwrite or install Preps on Prinergy Workflow Clients or the AraxiPreps share of a Prinergy Workflow server.
Requirements: Confirm that the workstation on which you are installing the Preps software meets these system requirements:
|Supported operating systems|
Apple Macintosh OS X 10.9
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro
|Memory||4 GB of RAM (available minimum)|
|Hard disk space||4 GB of available space|
|Screen resolution||1280 x 960 (minimum)|
- Log on to your computer as an administrator.
- If an existing copy of the Preps software is already installed:
- Store a backup copy of the existing Preps installation folder in another location.
- Ensure that the software is not running when you start the installation.
- Download the Preps installer for your operating system from Kodak Partner Place, and double-click it.
- In the Installation Wizard, follow the instructions.
Note: A computer restart may be required.
Due to security settings, you may encounter an error message when installing Preps on a Mac OS 10.9 computer.
- If you encounter the error message, perform these actions:
- In System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General, click the lock icon and enter the administrator's password to unlock the settings.
- Set Allow applications downloaded from to Anywhere.
If applicable, use the Migration Utility tool to copy previous configuration settings from a backed-up copy to the new installation folder. See the Migrating from an earlier version of Preps pages for more details.
License your Preps 7.5 software in one of the following ways:
- Use a floating license provided by your Prinergy Workflow software, if available.
- Use the new software licensing option.
See the Licensing pages for more details.
Preps and Adobe software components
Preps 7.5 includes version 10 of the Adobe PDF Library software for reading, modifying, and writing PDF documents. To use the Adobe PDF Library instead of the Preps internal PDF engine, add this setting to your Preps Profile: